Ghost Pepper and Bacon Deviled Eggs
photo by cateritforward
- Ready In:
24 egg halves
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 pieces bacon (fried until crispy, then minced finely)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ghost chile (powdered)
- 2 teaspoons pickle juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dill relish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ground habanero chile pepper or paprika
- Remove egg yolks.
- Add mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, salt, white pepper, ghost pepper, dill relish, bacon, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir until well blended.
- Fill egg halves with mixture.
- Dust with ground habanero for a little extra kick, or paprika can be used for mellower palates.
- Refrigerate at least an hour to allow flavors to blend.
- (After enjoying, I found that I would have preferred a full teaspoon of ghost pepper in the eggs but my wife said if they were much hotter she would be unable to eat them. You can always substitute different peppers for taste, but I was quite satisfied with the powdered pepper as opposed to ground.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!