Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so easy, hot, and great as a side dish!
- 6 slice bacon
- 29.58 ml chopped onions
- 14.79 ml chopped parsley (optional)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml plain flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 2 (510.29 g) package frozen corn or 2 (623.68 g) canniblet corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon and crumble.
- Set aside.
- Cook onion in butter til transparent.
- Blend in flour and salt.
- Add sour cream gradually, keeping texture smooth.
- Bring mixture to a boil and add corn and parsley.
- Reduce heat and cook til heated through.
- Fold in 1/2 the bacon.
- Pour in greased 1 quart baking dish.
- Garnish with remaining bacon.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this side dish. Loved the combination of the corn, bacon, and sour cream. I did add a bit more onion, a 1/4 cup of diced onion, plus I used thick-sliced bacon, and the frozen corn I used was, Birds Eye Freshlike Cut Golden Corn, as it's a sweet tasting corn. When it came to adding the parsley, I used dried parsley, and only added 1-1/2 teaspoons. This is one recipe that will be going into my recipe box. Thank you Marni for sharing this recipe!
A very rich dish. I made half a recipe of this and served it with ribeye steaks.