Cream Cheese Corn Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) package French-fried onions, divided
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and saute onions until translucent.
- In large bowl combine butter and cream cheese. Stir in corn, cream corn, chilis and onions. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in half of the french fried onions and sprinkle remaining onions on top. Bake 15 minutes longer.
Join The Conversation
This is a fabulous base recipe but I only gave it 4 stars because I tweaked the recipe quite a bit. I used the suggested butter and cream cheese amounts but because it was soooo cream cheesy, I ended up using a #10 can of sweet corn and 1 regular can of cream corn. It turned out perfect and less like a dip than the original recipe. I also added in garlic powder, onion powder Lowry's season salt and cayenne. This dish was a hit with my family!
This is a great dish. It has flavor, comfort, and a great addition to just about any meal. I did a couple of tweaks to it. I only added about 1/2 to 3/4 the amount of butter and cream cheese that it called for, and I only added 1/2 the amount of creamed corn but twice the amount of whole kernel corn. It came out so very delicious. My kids and husband loved it, even my adult child who never eats corn loved it. Glad we found this recipe.