Taste of Home
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken, bouillons granules
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- cayenne pepper, a dash
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1Drain clams, reserving juice; set aside.
- 2Place the clams in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped; set aside.
- 3In a large saucepan, combine the broth, potato, celery, onion, bouillon, and thyme.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Decrease heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 6Stir in the reserved clam juice.
- 7Combine the cornstarch and cream until smooth; gradually stir into the soup.
- 8Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 9Stir in the butter, cayenne, and the clams.
- 10Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- 11Garnish with bacon.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (881 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.8
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 189.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: