Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taste of Home
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken, bouillons granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- cayenne pepper, a dash
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Drain clams, reserving juice; set aside.
- Place the clams in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, potato, celery, onion, bouillon, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the reserved clam juice.
- Combine the cornstarch and cream until smooth; gradually stir into the soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the butter, cayenne, and the clams.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with bacon.