Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I wanted to make something tasty last night, but since we're both going out of town next week, I haven't been grocery shopping. This is what I made with what I had in the freezer and it was yummy!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried celery flakes
- To Cook Chicken:.
- Preheat oven to 400° F and grease a baking sheet.
- Place chicken breasts on baking sheet and coat in ranch dressing, evenly on both sides.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes or until done through.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon in large skillet or on griddle.
- When chicken is done, evenly distribute cheese to each piece. Top cheese with 2 slices of bacon and return to oven. Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To Cook Rice:.
- Put water in medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add rice and lower heat to simmering. Cover and simmer on low for about 20 minutes or until rice is fluffy.
- Mix in ranch dressing mix, parmesan cheese, parsley flakes and celery flakes. Let sit for 3-4 minutes while cheese melts.
- Serve chicken with rice. Add a vegetable and a roll for a complete meal.
My fiance loves this!! I enjoyed it as well, but he seems to be the PICKY one!
This has become a new favorite. We make it when we want an fast-simple meal!