Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yet another potato salad....
Make and share this Bacon and Egg Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped radish
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, cooled and crumbled
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, depending how moist you like it
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Boil the diced potatoes until tender; drain and rinse well with cold water; drain again.
- Place cooked, cooked potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add onion, radishes, celery, crumbled bacon, and chopped eggs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, saugar, chives, salt, pepper and paprika. Pour dressing over potato salad mixture. Toss to coat well.
- Chill at least 3-4 hours.
I like this very much. I've never had bacon in potato salad before. Think that will become a regular thing. I did have to make a few substitutions, though minor. I used chopped sweet red peppers in place of the radishes, and added a bit of horseradish. I also used celery seed in place of the celery. This is a very tasty salad, one that I'll make again. Thanks Parsley for posting.