Mom's Potato & Egg Salad
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 8 potatoes, peeled, boiled, and cut into large cubes
- 3 eggs, hard boiled and cut into cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 5 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar (more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Boil potatoes and eggs together, until you can easily stick a fork in the potatoes.
- While potatoes and eggs are boiling, combine the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Adjust salt, pepper, and sugar if necessary.
- Combine everything together, and chill. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made exactly as directed and very much enjoyed! I don't make potato salad often, and the family likes it, so this was a welcome treat. I enjoyed it so much I wondered Why I don't make it more often! And so easy to make. I forgot the green onions, sorry about that, next time I will put them in.. I Had them, I just forgot! Thank you for this lovely recipe that I will make again! Made for Vegn swap#10
I loved this version of potato salad but my DH thought it was outstanding! I've never made it using sour cream as the dressing base before, so I was pleased to find out how good it tastes. Now, I skimped on the full amount of sour cream, only to end up adding more the second time we pulled the bowl out of the fridge, so I recommend following the recipe on that count. (Spuds soaked in the moisture.) I did add 2 celery stalks and a few radishes, sliced, and half the bundle of green onions, which I mixed into the salad, although the recipe wasn't clear on whether to do so or whether to use as garnish. Thanks, Katzen, and thanks, Katzen's mom!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a now vegan who used to make one heck of a souvlaki. I love cooking, I was a huge fan of Moosewood and Molly Katzen prior to going vegan (although that has nothing to do with my choosing the name Katzen - that's just what my German Grandma has called me all my life.) Aside from cooking, I also love scuba diving, cycling, politics, and reading.