Dakota's Crab, Tuna & Egg Salad
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat
- 3 -4 large hard-boiled eggs
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons relish or 4 tablespoons chopped pickles
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper, go easy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- chopped onions (optional) or olive (optional)
- Boil eggs while preparing other ingredients. Drain tuna and crab cans and mix with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise to your desired consistency. Add chopped onions or olives if desired. Peel and chop eggs; add to the mixture. Serve on your favorite bread with favorite fixins of potato chips, soda, tea or cold beer for adults.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used fresh 1 albacore, 2 chicken of the sea, 2 lump crap meat, chopped kosher pickles, yellow onion, garlic, Old Bay and chopped up 4 celery stalks very fine. Everything else I used in your recipe. Then I let it marinate overnight in the fridge. The next day for lunch, I put it on warm buttered sourdough toast with melted swiss cheese, spinach leaves and a beefsteak tomato slice. Then I made hyroponic butter-lettuce wraps with fresh chopped grape tomatoes and brown spicy mustard. Let's just say it's all gone. Thanks for sharing!
Was throwing something together for NYE day lunch, realized last minute that I was out of tuna, subbed a can of white meat chicken with two cans lump meat crab on hand. Still plan to make this again with tuna. Used most of other ingredients listed plus Old Bay, half a jalapeño and yellow onion diced and horseradish mustard. Hubby and I loved it on whole wheat Ritz crackers, plan to get sourdough bread to grill or toast.