Champignon Salat Mit Ei (German Mushroom & Egg Salad)
photo by Sackville
- Ready In:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon German mustard or 1 tablespoon prepared brown mustard
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g white button mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g fresh rocket (arugula) or 50 g watercress
- cooked bacon, crumbled, as a garnish (optional)
- Set out four serving plates.
- Divide the rocket leaves into four bundles and place them on each plate.
- Divide the sliced mushrooms into four portions and place each atop the rocket leaves, making a cross shape on each plate.
- Sprinkle chopped egg over the mushrooms.
- Whisk together (or use a blender) the dressing ingredients (vinegar, mustard, sugar, and oil) adding salt& pepper to taste.
- Whisk in some of the snipped chives and the onions.
- Drizzle over each salad right before serving.
- Garnish with crumbled cooked bacon and remaining chives, if desired. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very nice salad, couldn't find any arugala or watercress, but I did find some lovely fresh mesculin (baby greens) and actually cut the first chives from the herb garden, barely up 4 inches, all very good! Cut the recipe in half , just two of us, didn't seem to make any difference, the taste was sutle, mustard, onion ,egg and chives, didn't overwhelm the mushrooms. We will do this one again, thanks for sharing.