Potato Egg Salad
Tweeked Old Bay Recipe is crunchy from the celery and onions sweet from the relish and spicy form the old bay!
- Ready In:
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon sweet relish or 1 teaspoon sweet pickle, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 large eggs, hard boiled, chopped
- Cube potatoes and place in bowl. Add mayonnaise, onion, celery, relish and OLD BAY SEASONING. Mix well. Fold in eggs. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or more.
- Garnish with some Old Bay.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Rita, being from Maryland you know I had to come across this some time or another. Since "Old Bay" seasoning is made here, and the use is prolific on steamed crabs, this goes perfectly with potato salad. In fact; quite often most of Maryland puts "Old Bay" on just about everything, and anything. This is a *perfect* potato salad. Spices are *perfect* and the amount of mayonnaise ratio to potatoes is equal. I used the sweet pickle, as that is what is used in this part of the country, and I can't remember making a more *perfect* potato salad. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we all loved it! Happy 4th! Thanks, Rita! Made for *ZWT4* July 2008.Reply
I had to try this recipe when I saw it used Old Bay Seasoning ( recipe #120258 ). I've always thought of that as one just for seafood but I was wrong! Gives it a nice twist from what we usually have out here. I did make a change by using dill pickles instead of sweet pickles just because we prefer them. That may have affected the flavour somewhat as we thought it was missing something - just not sure what! Next time I will use a Tbsp of the dill pickle juice plus more pickles, and add pepper and some radishes too. Thank you for sharing - made for ZWT4Reply
see 9 more