Recipe by Denver Chef
This is a slight variation on a Rachael Ray recipe. We love it! And don't be scared...it doesn't taste like turkey, and isn't spicey - despite the ingredients.
Top Review by UPSgrrrL88
Excellent!! Best turkey burger I've come across. I made a few changes to suit my tastes, feel free to try if you'd like. Substituted green bell peppers for of yellow and orange (cheaper.) Did not use serrano or jalapeno peppers. Substituted dried cayenne pepper for hot sauce. Added fresh lemon balm from our garden (just because we had a lot of it.) Excluded the avocado. Still, these turkey burgers were the best, juiciest, turkey burgers I have EVER had. Totally changed my outlook on turkey burgers. Will def make again!!!
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow bell peppers or 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5 -6 drops cayenne hot sauce (Tabasco or Chalula)
- 2 teaspoons mccormick's McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese (optional) or 4 slices American cheese (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced or mushed (optional)
- 4 kaiser rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine turkey with all ingredients through the grill seasoning blend.
- Divide mixture into 4 patties and drizzle with olive oil to coat.
- Grill or pan fry until cooked through. (Don't over cook!)
- Add cheese and cook until melted.
- Toast kaiser rolls and place cooked burgers on the patties.
- Top with avocado.
- Additionally, you can add bacon, lettuce, sweet relish, etc. according to your taste.