Hawaiian Turkey Burgers
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice and set the pineapple aside.
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onions, red pepper, soy sauce, salt, and pineapple juice.
- Crumble the turkey over the mixture and mix well, but do not overmix.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Brush with teriyaki sauce.
- Grill 4-6 minutes longer on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Grill pineapple slices for 2 minutes on each side, basting with teriyaki sauce.
- Serve on buns and top each burger with a pineapple slice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation