Greek-Style Turkey Burgers
The best turkey burgers i have ever tried .... I freeze left-overs, and heat in the microwave later ...
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, chopped (I usually use chopped salad olives)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form into 4 patties, then grill.
- I have served this on regular burger buns with tomatoes and mayo, and on pita with tahini, tomatoes and lettuce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I really enjoyed this! I used kalamata olives and I really thought they added dimension to the patty. I served the burgers with a sour cream/granulated garlic/lemon juice/salt/pepper spread I made up, as well as some thick slices of fresh cucumber. Next time i will definitely have thin slices of red onion as well. Thanks so much, dinner tonight was great!!Reply
Husband loved them! We used pita pockets and stuffed them with the burgers, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, and a tzaziki found on this site. If you use ground turkey breast instead of 85 ground turkey, you will get better consistency and texture. We brushed both sides with oil and used a stovetop grill pan. Turned out great and will definitely be in the dinner rotation.Reply
These burgers are outstanding. Tonight is the 4th time I have served them and I have now added them to "family favorites." They are healthy and delish. I have served them on buns, toasted English muffins and tonight in Pita Pockets. We loved the pockets. I have served with tzatzki and fresh sliced onion. We enjoyed the burgers both ways. It is easy to eat healthy with burgers as good as these. The only change I made to the original recipe....I use Greek Oregano and fresh dill. YumReply
see 267 more