Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A wonderful salad that could be a meal or a 1st course. I've had it for both and could have licked the plate!
- 16 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup of roasted pecan pieces, sprinkled with a little brown sugar when roasting... (about 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees, then cool)
- brown sugar
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Mix Dressing ingredients together in a jar and shake to meld flavors together.
- Mix salad ingredients together.
- Add Dressing to salad and serve.
My husband said i could charge money for this salad it was that GOOD! I followed everything except i used blue cheese crumbles instead of feta. I felt it needed a stronger flavored cheese to offset the sweet dressing. YUMMYNESS! I also grilled up some chick breasts to slice up and serve on top as a whole meal. My 15 yr old didn't care for the strawberries on the salad for some reason. I WILL be making this alot over the summer. Thanks
It is hard to believe this fabulous salad has not previously been reviewed! My family and I totally loved it and have had it several times now. Full of flavors we all loved!