Recipe by Ms B.
I found this recipe several years ago in our local newspaper. This is a different kind of deviled egg. The creamy avocado replaces the mayo. I have subbed lime juice for the lemon. The flavor is best when only slightly chilled or at room temp.
- 1 dozen egg
- 2 medium ripe california avocados
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 black olives, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the eggs for three minutes.
- Peel and slice each egg in half lengthways.
- Remove egg yolks and place the egg white halves on a serving platter.
- Mash avocados and egg yolks together.
- Fold in minced onions, lemon juice and salt.
- Spoon mixture into the egg whites.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and diced olives.