Deviled Deviled Eggs
- Ready In:
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced plus additional
- green onion, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 1 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns
- Toast peppercorns in a small nonstick skillet over low heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until golden and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes, and then crush.
- Shell the eggs and cut 1/4-inch off the ends of each one; reserve these trimmings. Halve the eggs crosswise, and remove the yolks. Set the whites aside. Place the yolks and the trimmings in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the chopped green onion garnish) to the bowl, and mash with a fork until just smooth but not mushy.
- Spoon the mixture into the reserved whites, or pipe it in with a pastry tube. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped green onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This recipe made me sign up. These were intriguing at best. The peppercorns tasted like egg shells, no matter that I bought a mortar and pestle to make these. My husband and three teenage boys, who love deviled eggs ate one and were unwilling to eat another. The next day they were so horrible. I cannot imagine people giving 5 stars for this. I can't imagine what they must be eating to measure these from!