Creamy Cajun Deviled Eggs
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 8 large eggs
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing, as needed (such as Miracle Whip)
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning (to taste)
- Place eggs into a saucepan, cover with cold water, and place over high heat. When water is boiling, cover saucepan with a lid, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 18 minutes. Remove from heat and cool eggs under cold running water until eggs can be handled. Peel eggs.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and scoop yolks into a mixing bowl. Beat yolks, cream cheese, creamy salad dressing, pickle relish, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper until mixture is creamy and smooth. Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves. Sprinkle each deviled egg half lightly with Cajun seasoning. Chill before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'll start by saying I'm not crazy about deviled eggs. Yep, probably one of the only people on the face of the earth! But DH loves them and I made these for him. I did cut back on the cream cheese a bit per the other review, and I thought they were very good, too. The other change was using mayo instead of Miracle Whip (don't like it). Used a good squirt of Crystal hot sauce. These were creamier than most, probably due to the cream cheese, and tasted quite decadent... Thanks for sharing!
Booze, pancakes and deviled eggs are the 3 things that I almost never partake in outside of Tour time, so of course I had to try these. I really liked the filling in these, especially after they chilled and the flavors had a chance to meld. The only change I made was to use dill pickle relish in place of sweet pickle relish. I'll eat just about any kind of pickle EXCEPT sweet pickles, so I only buy dill relish when I need pickle relish. Definitely a keeper IMO! Thanks for posting! Made for SWT2018 Cajun/Creole for Team Fellowship of the Stove
see 4 more reviews