Lemon Caper Stuffed Eggs
These make great appetizers for a party or a first course for dinner, or a yummy snack. You could put these in the lunch box too! Adapted from Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book.
- Ready In:
- 12 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1⁄4 small onion
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped (if using salt packed capers, soak in a little milk and drain)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- hot sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise (just enough to bind)
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Cut the rounded ends off the eggs, scoop out the yolks into a bowl, and stand the hard bouled egg whits upright in the egg carton. If you wish to serve the eggs on a platter, trim a small piece of the egg off the pointed ends so they will stand upright.
- Break the egg yolks up a little bit using a fork. Grate the garlic into the egg yolks, then grate about 2 tbls. of onion juice into the bowl. add the capers, 1 tsp of lemon zest, the juice of the lemon, a few dashes of hot sauce, the mayonnaise, pepper, and half of the parsley. Mash until smooth and check seasonings, adjusting if necessary.
- Fill the egg whites, overstuffing them a little. Garnish with the remaining parsley. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Oh my !!! These are so Yummy !!! Oh how I love deviled eggs and then put capers in them and I am in heaven. I did cut the recipe in half though. The flavors of these eggs were out of this world. I used a fresh lemon plucked off our tree and it was fantastic. Didn't feel the need for any salt because of those wonderful capers. I did cut the eggs lengthwise instead only because I prefer cutting them that way. Your recipes are delicious Sharon. Thanks for sharing your recipe Sharon. Made in honor of Sharon's DH.1Reply
see 2 more