Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try this savoury soup from Uncle Ben's to not only heat your family up on a cold winter's night, but also to help you bring in the Chinese New Year with good fortune.
- 3⁄4 cup uncle ben's quick cookperfection rice
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 ounces fresh snow peas, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces top sirloin steaks, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, bring broth, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and garlic to boil. Add mushrooms and snow peas. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until snow peas are tender-crisp. Add beef and cook for 2 minutes. Divide rice among 4 bowls; ladle soup over rice. Top with hot sauce if using.
- For more Chinese New Year recipes, or to learn more about how you can win good fortune this year visit www.EasyFortune2016.ca.