Chinese New Year Wonton Soup
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 1⁄4 lb sliced ham
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 lb small shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 wonton skins
- 2 green onions, diagonally cut in 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach, trimmed,washed,drained,cut in thin strips
- Mince 3/4 cup of mushrooms.
- Slice the rest.
- Saute' ham in oil, drain on paper towel.
- Set aside 6 shrimp and finely chop the rest.
- Add minced mushrooms, onions, and soy sauce to the chopped shrimp.
- Mix to a paste consistency.
- Place mixture in the middle of the wonton skin.
- Brush water on 2 borders of the skin, covering 1/4" from the edge.
- Bring one end over to form a triangle.
- Seal edges.
- Pull the other 2 ends together to meet and overlap under filling.
- Moisten 1 end, pinch firmly.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add wontons, sliced mushrooms, green onions.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add reserved 6 shrimp and spinach.
- Cook until spinach wilts.
- Top with ham strips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the main cook in our household of myself, my hubby, two kids and two pugs. When I first found this site, I was searching for tried and true recipes to spice up our weekly dinner. This site is my favorite recipe site. I don't like to waste ingredients or time trying a recipe that may not turn out, so I love reading the reviews first before trying a recipe. Like most cooks, I had a lot of magazine and newspaper recipe clippings everywhere. I moved them to a kitchen drawer and then to a binder to try and keep them together. Now, I just go to my personal cookbook at Recipezaar and I am ready to rock 'n roll!