Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Yum! From taste of home.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup halved fresh cranberries or 1 cup halved frozen cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In small bowl, beat egg, water and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries. Pour into greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Cut apricots in the preserves into small pieces; spoon preserves over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350 for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove bread from pan to wire rack.
I love this bread, I baked it in a 9 inch square pan so as to cut the baking time and it took only 35 mins. I used 1/2 WW pastry for half the flour, 3/4 cup of sugar and zest of one orange. Next time I will mix the apricot preserves together with the batter so that it will be evenly distributed throughout the bread. The tartness of the cranberries in this recipe are not overpowering like some of the recipes I tried.
The apricot preserves add a nice flavor to this already tasty bread. Thanks for sharing the recipe.