Apricot Tea Bread
I found this recipe while cleaning up some old floppy disks. I got it from an old foodie BBS years ago (remember those?)
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot
- boiling water (enough to cover apricots for soaking)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (or melted butter, for richer flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Place apricots in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain apricots, reserving 1/4 cup of the soaking water.
- Finely chop apricots. Set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Cream together the egg, sugar and oil.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternately with orange juice and reserved soaking water. Stir in apricots and pecans.
- Spread batter in loaf pan and bake 1-1 1/4 hours, or until wooden pick inserted into center of bread comes out clean.
- Turn out onto wire rack and cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a wonderful flavor this tea bread has. I loved this moist, tender, tasty treat. It was quick and easy to make with excellent results. Just perfect for the snowy days we have been having, comfort food to the max now pass the tea. Loved the blending of flavors and how nothing over powers each other. Thanks for sharing another winner Mikekey.