Recipe by Kree
This looks so scrumptious and sweet, I can't wait to try it. It's from the Jan/Feb issue of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine, and it's supposed to be very kid-friendly!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Oh Kree...I made you BBQ chicken for dinner, I just cannot say enough about it, it was so delicious!. I made mine with thighs and legs, and doubled the sauce recipe, (added more garlic then stated) what a wonderful dinner we had. I served it with brown rice....this chicken recipe is is highly reccomended, and so easy to put together. Thank you Kree for posting, I will be making this often...KC :-)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into large chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil until browned, about 6 minutes.
- Transer to a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the apricot preserves, barbecue sauce, water, and onion soup mix; pour over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve with rice.