Little Bee's Note:
I love Applebee's!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon finely minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 8 ounces processed cheese, 1-inch cubes
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas, 1/4-inch strips, fried
- fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1Sauté oil, garlic and onions in large pan or Dutch oven until soft.
- 2Add ingredients 4 through 13. Bring to low boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- 3Cut tortillas into 1/4-inch strips and fry in oil or spray with oil and bake at 400ºF (while soup is cooking). Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- 4Thoroughly mix flour and water, then whisk into soup. Bring to a low boil, then simmer 5 minutes.
- 5Add chicken and simmer 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in sour cream and cheese (more or less of each, depending on taste). Ensure 165ºF serving temperature.
- 7After serving soup, pile tortilla strips into a "haystack" shape on top of the soup.
- 8Optional: garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applebee's Cheese Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.7
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 131.1 mg
- Sodium 1165.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 35.7 g