Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
photo by eabeler
- Ready In:
- 2 (9 ounce) cans premium chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) soup cans milk (10 1/2 oz x 2)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) jar enchilada sauce
- tortilla chips (optional)
- 1 drop louisiana hot sauce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Combine, stir, and heat till bubbly.
- Serve immediately, crumble tortilla chips into bowl to your liking!
- Add heat with hot sauce or tone down with sour cream if you'd like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was awesome! I compared a dozen or so chicken tortilla soup recipes on RecipeZaar and I chose this one for its simplicity. I was worried that it wouldn't taste as good because it was so simple but I sure was wrong! I added 1 cup instant rice and 1 cup water for something to chew on. My DH and I give this a 4 only because a 5 is a very serious rating in our house. We would give this a 4.5 if we could! I can't wait to make this for company. Thank you!
Manda C, this has to be one of the most easiest, delicious soups that I have ever made. I generally boil and shred chicken, and add it to the soup at the end, but one thing that I found really helpful is that if you add the ingredients to a crock pot and cook on low for three to four hours, the flavors blend really well together. I have made this several times, and occasionally substitute the chicken and Fiesta Nacho soups with Campbell's Southwest style Creamy Chicken Verde and Pepper Jack soup. The possibilities are endless, as this soup is very versatile. Tossing in a can of black beans and corn adds great color. I garnish this with sour cream, more salsa, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped red onions, and chopped fresh cilantro. It goes great with jalapeno cornbread. Thank you for sharing such a yummy recipe.
I was being purely selfish when I made this recipe. I didn't think my family would like it all that much. But I really wanted it. I was pleasantly surprised!. My whole family loved it! Even my 6 girls (3 - 11 yrs). They used very little sour cream, tons of chips, and 2 of my girls even put Cholula hot sauce in it. We like things spicy though. This is an awesome recipe and it will be used often.