Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chop
- 3 eggs
- 8 slices raisin bread, diced
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups milk
- 2 medium apples, green
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon or 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- to taste vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread pecans in a shallow baking pan and bake until golden, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place bread cubes in a greased 3 qt. or larger slow cooker.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples.
- Mix lightly together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, add eggs and mix well.
- Blend in half and half or milk and then stir in bourbon or brandy.
- Lightly mix pecans with bread and apples.
- Pour egg mixture over bread. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and cook on low until apples are tender when pierced and custard is set; about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
- Let pudding stand, covered, for about 15 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
This is really excellent, I use an oven, 50 mins - 180Â°C and made an additional rum sauce. It was fantastic