Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a rich dessert that is best served warm, topped with vanilla ice cream.
Make and share this Apple Crunch recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups chopped apples, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Mix the oats, 1/2 cup flour, and brown sugar in a bowl; cut in the butter or margarine until crumbly. Place half of the mixture in the bottom of a greased 8x8" baking dish.
- Combine the apples, 1 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, salt, water, and granulated sugar; place in the baking dish over the oat mixture.
- Cover with the remaining oat mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This is the best apple crisp/crunch recipe I have eaten. Absolutely delish.
Very rich; very yummy! I'll cut back a little on the sugar next time. I used lemon juice to moisten the apples, not water. made for CCQ Culinary Quest 2014
Despite the summer heat, I decided to make this dessert and compensate for the hot baked goodness by serving it with vanilla ice cream. I am filing this immediately under KEEPERS as it is simply perfect. I loved the fact that it also had the oatmeal crumble on the bottom to soak up the apple juices. Everybody's happy here! Thanks.