Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a rich dessert that is best served warm, topped with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups chopped apples, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Mix the oats, 1/2 cup flour, and brown sugar in a bowl; cut in the butter or margarine until crumbly. Place half of the mixture in the bottom of a greased 8x8" baking dish.
- Combine the apples, 1 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, salt, water, and granulated sugar; place in the baking dish over the oat mixture.
- Cover with the remaining oat mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This was super yummy and was a total hit at my house. Thanks for sharing, Bayhill. Congrats on your football win!
This was delicious. I used Gala variety applies, and it was a good choice because they taste so fresh and they hold up well during baking. The recipe is really easy to make, too. Thanks, Bayhill. We really enjoyed it.
This is the best apple crisp/crunch recipe I have eaten. Absolutely delish.