Mother's Apple Crunch
- Ready In:
1 deep dish apple crunch
- 8 apples (we prefer Rome apples)
- 1 cup sugar (white)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- Butter a 1 1/2 deep glass baking dish.
- Core and slice apples into dish.
- Mix 1/2 cup of the sugar with the cinnamon, and sprinkle over apples.
- Blend with a pastry blender (or 2 knives) the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the flour, and butter, until it forms "crumbs".
- Sprinkle mixture over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees 30-40 minutes.
Join The Conversation
What could be better than warm apple crisp and a scoop of vanilla ice cream? Nothing I can think of. This was marvelous Sweetiebarbara, especially for my husband as he prefers his apple crisp without oatmeal. I used McIntosh apples (which I did peel). Such a simple recipe to prepare and a great presentation with melting ice cream puddling around the warm crisp. Ummmmm. This goes in my Tried and True recipe book for sure. Thx for sharing with us!