Apple Walnut Cobbler
This quick and easy cobbler is wonderful served warm and topped with vanilla ice cream.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 cups granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced (3 to 4 apples)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Grease an 11"x7"x1-1/2" pan; set aside.
- Arrange apple slices in greased pan. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, evaporated milk, and butter or margarine. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stirring until blended. Pour batter over apple mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Bake, uncovered, for 55 minutes. Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was really easy to make and it's so good. Apples are so abundant right now, so I was glad to come across this recipe so I could use up some of our fresh apples. And I loved the touch of nutmeg in this recipe because it adds a bit of warmth to the apple base. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Bayhill. Made for Football Pool Week 3.Replies 1
What a wonderful fall cobbler/cake/dessert!! I did make a couple of changes due to what I had on hand and preferences. I made 1/2 of the recipe and used regular milk and used pecans as we don't care for walnuts. This was quick and delicious!! I served it with vanilla ice cream, yummy!! Congrats on your win in the football pool!!Reply
I doubled the quantity of apples and walnuts as I have a lot at the moment to use.<br/>We loved the combination with walnuts and added spices. <br/>This Cobbler is a really easy recipe that most love, fast to prepare and super delicious!<br/>Thanks a lot for posting this recipe.<br/>Made for Culinary Quest 2014Reply
see 6 more