Prep 8 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is my guilt-free not-to-sweet treat; It is quick and easy in the microwave. I came up with this after falling in love with those new Quaker Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies in apple cinnamon flavor and after eating entirely too many I decided to come up with my own apple induced oatmeal. This makes for a thick oatmeal. Use more soymilk for a thinner oatmeal.
- Mix cubed apple with lemon juice and 1/4 tsp cinnamon, making sure apple is covered evenly.
- Cover, and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and add sliced banana.
- Put aside.
- In separate bowl combine oatmeal, soymilk, and the other 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
- Mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Combine apple, banana mixture with oatmeal. Add chopped walnuts.
Sooo yummy! This is a terrific breakfast- my only "problem" was that there was actually far too much soymilk, it wouldn't get thick, and I had to add more oats, hence this made a LOT of oatmeal. Luckily my mom was around to share it! One to make again, thanks mausi!
This was a delicious bowl of oatmeal! I didn't use lemon juice, I doubled the oats and added 3/4 cup of water to the original recipe to get 2 servings. I will definitely have this often!
Excellent!! I really loved the method of cooking the apple, lemon juice and cinnamon first. This is a fabulous oatmeal recipe. Treat indeed! This will be a repeat. Thank you!