Banana Apple and Oatmeal Muffins
I found this one at http://eatgood4life.blogspot.com/2010/11/banana-apple-and-oatmeal-muffins.html, and wanted to save it somewhere, plus get the nutrition stats. Haven't tried it yet.
- Ready In:
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 medium apples, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease a 1/3-cup muffin pan or line with paper cups .
- In a bowl combine bananas, milk, oil, sugar, vanilla and egg. In another bowl whisk together dry ingredients – flours, oats, cinnamon and baking powder. Add dry mixture to wet mixture, mix well. Dust apples, raisins, and walnuts (if using) lightly to cover with flour, then fold inches.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Make sure you remove muffins immediately after they are done. Let them cool on a wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
So I was excited to find this recipe. It easily became vegan with almond milk and applesauce ( with a little extra baking powder) I doubled vanilla and put at least a tsp of cinnamon in it. How can you do apples without lots of cinnamon. I left out nuts but double cranberries or raisins, depending on the batch. Its been a hit, my version batter pretty thick. I also tweeked temp to 370, and did about 17 min for one of my tins. (All muffin pans are not the same, at least at my house) and had to do 20 on my taller muffin tins. YummyReply
see 4 more