Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very moist, very delicious. The recipe was given to me by a friend.
- 4 cups of peeled cored and grated apples (generous)
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Add dry to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into an UNgreased 9"x13" pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
If it sounds good to you, trust me, it tastes even better!! If you have really sweet apples (I used 3 MacIntosh & 3 Granny Smith), you can cut back on the sugar - I used 1 1/2 cups and it tasted sweet and awesome.
This was delicious cake and very easy to put together. I used the golden delicious apples as well as pecans, and with the addition of the banana, it was a wonderfully moist cake but not soggy. We loved it.
After reading Charishma's review, I just had to try this. We're going to a potluck this evening and I needed an easy dessert. This smelled delicious baking and tastes even better. I used golden delicious apples just because I had them and pecans. This is definitely a keeper. I'm taking whipped cream, but it really doesn't need anything else.