Chocolate Banana Cake
photo by Billy Green
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream margarine with sugar and eggs.
- Mix in banana and vanilla.
- Mix flour with remaining dry ingredients.
- Add flour mixture to margarine mixture in 3 parts, alternately with sour milk.
- Begin and end with flour.
- Spread in 2 greased 8" cake pans.
- Bake in oven about 40 minutes.
- When cool, frost generously with chocolate butter frosting.
Questions & Replies
Excellent cake. I used a Dutch Process cocoa, added pecans, and baked it in a Bundt pan for 50 minutes. It was rich and moist enough to need no frosting. I will definitely use this recipe many times in the future. I might try it with dried cherries added. I'm also thinking of using a brown sugar-butter-pecan streusel mix in the bottom of a Bundt pan before adding the batter.
I was looking for recipes to use up my sour milk and came upon this one. I was a little hesitate that it would taste too banana-y but it really didn't. The bananas really give it a nice moistness. The only change I made to the recipe was to use real butter instead of the margarine. I baked it in a 9 x 13-inch pan and frosted it with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe #107376) . Yum! Nice combo.<br/>Thanks for sharing this recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 38 year old married woman. I have been cooking and baking since I was 10 years old. I long ago mastered the art of making something taste good & I am now working hard at perfecting the presentation aspect of food. I took a cake decorating course nearly 3 years ago which gave me lots of great ideas.