5 stars on http://www.celiac.com. Add anything you like to make them special. Blueberries, chopped banana and vanilla or chocolate chips (Live Free brand are soy free), apple pieces and cinnamon with raisins, etc. I find these keep best if I wrap them in aluminum foil while they are still slightly warm.
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour (white rice flour)
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca starch or 1⁄4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup sweet rice flour or 1⁄3 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup organic sugar or 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder (or a tad more baking soda & 1tbs organic apple cider vinegar in at last minute)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon guar gum (may substitute xanthan gum ~ corn derived)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup bland oil
- 1 large egg (or use 2 Ener-G egg replacer eggs)
- chopped fruit, Enjoy Life chocolate chips, spices, etc. (additions)
- * Additionally you need 1 cup of something wet (sour cream, squished banana, yogurt, applesauce, juice, etc.).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- The basic procedure for all muffins is mix dry ingredients.
- Then add wet ingredients to dry and beat on med. with electric mixer for 3 minutes. Should be thick batter (not dough but thicker than cake batter). Mix in fruit by hand.
- Scoop into lined muffin tins generously.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes (until a skewer comes out clean).