Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
5 stars on http://www.celiac.com. Add anything you like to make them special. Blueberries, chopped banana and vanilla or chocolate chips (Live Free brand are soy free), apple pieces and cinnamon with raisins, etc. I find these keep best if I wrap them in aluminum foil while they are still slightly warm.
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour (white rice flour)
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca starch or 1⁄4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup sweet rice flour or 1⁄3 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup organic sugar or 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder (or a tad more baking soda & 1tbs organic apple cider vinegar in at last minute)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon guar gum (may substitute xanthan gum ~ corn derived)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup bland oil
- 1 large egg (or use 2 Ener-G egg replacer eggs)
- chopped fruit, Enjoy Life chocolate chips, spices, etc. (additions)
- * Additionally you need 1 cup of something wet (sour cream, squished banana, yogurt, applesauce, juice, etc.).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- The basic procedure for all muffins is mix dry ingredients.
- Then add wet ingredients to dry and beat on med. with electric mixer for 3 minutes. Should be thick batter (not dough but thicker than cake batter). Mix in fruit by hand.
- Scoop into lined muffin tins generously.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes (until a skewer comes out clean).
Yum! I used about 1/3 agave instead of the brown sugar and used some crushed walnuts. I filled them with a teaspoon of blueberry preserve I got at the market this morning and they turned out perfectly! I used applesauce for the liquid. Very nice texture, not cakey and didn't stick to the paper. This will be my go-to GF muffin recipe
Thank-You so so much for this recipe! I have been looking for this! This is my favorite! I used pumpkin pie mix, on accident thinking it was pumpkin puree, but they came out absolutely fantastic!!!! I can now make my own muffins rather then spending 2 bucks a pop!
great recipe - very good texture and taste. made one batch of rhubarb muffins, added a bit of extra sugar to compensate for the bitterness of the rhubarb. about to make some banana chip muffins with the recipe today.