Recipe by pines506
Great antipasto. If you use a food processor to chop, be careful not to liquefy. Cook time includes chill time.
Top Review by Hajar Elizabeth
This is lucious and have made it to recipe. I also experimented and added some ricotta cheese to make it speadable for crackers and/or chips. It worked very well. I also use my own marinated artichoke hearts and mushrooms as I always have them on hand. So now I have 2 recipes for the price of one. I also in both increased the garlic. Very good, a keeper for me. Thanks!
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 (7 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olive, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (or color of your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in hot oil in a saucepan over medium heat about 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add vinegar and remaining 4 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over vegetabes; cover and chill 8 hours.
- Transfer to a serving dish, using a slotted spoon, if desired.
- Serve with crackers.