Mexican Chocolate Mousse With Burnt Rum
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Mexican chocolate and white rum add up to more than your average chocolate mousse. Cook time includes chill time.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 1 (18 5/8 ounce) box mexican chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white rum
- 4 cups chilled heavy whipping cream, divided
- cinnamon- almond cookie
- chocolate shavings
- filo pastry, triangles dusted with sugar
- Stir chocolate, milk, and salt in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until chocolate melts.
- Stir constantly until all sugar in chocolate is dissolved, about 13 minutes.
- Add rum to chocolate; using long match, immediately ignite rum.
- Carefully stir chocolate mixture with long spoon until flames subside.
- Transfer chocolate to large bowl. Cool to room temperature.
- Using electric mixer, beat 3 cups cream in large bowl until peaks form.
- Working in 2 batches, fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
- Divide chocolate mousse among 12 glasses, about 3/4 cup for each. Chill mousse until set, at least 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Beat remaining 1 cup cream until peaks form. Place dollop of whipped cream atop mousse in each glass. Serve mousse with Cinnamon-Almond Cookies, chocolate shavings, or filo triangles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION