Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yields about 4 cups sauce, enough for 1 pound cooked pasta. The dish may be accompanied by grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovies packed in oil, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) canchopped black olives, drained
- 20 green olives, sliced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup marsala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a medium saucepan combine olive oil and anchovies.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring to mash anchovies, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until tender, 5 minutes or so.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
We enjoyed this EASY pasta sauce over whole wheat fettuccini. I would have rated it a 5 but it didn't explode with flavor like I expected it to. It still was very nice. We love all of the ingredients. Made for the Zaar Tag game.