Recipe by Pinay0618
So quick and easy, and so impressive. I made these for a bridal brunch and they were quite a hit. From the Odense website.
- 1 (7 ounce) boxodense almond paste, grated
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus more for counters
- 1 (17 1/16 ounce) box frozen puff pastry, thawed overnight in refrigerator
Directions See How It's Made
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 400°F Remove pastry sheets from box and let sit on counter for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add Almond Paste and sugar to food processor or mixing bowl. Process or mix until the texture of sand. Makes about 2 cups almond sugar.
- Dust counter with granulated sugar and unfold one pastry sheet. Roll out to 11" X 13" with long side, horizontal to counter. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup of almond sugar mix.
- Fold in short sides of pastry sheet to meet in middle. Tightly roll each fold to center, so both rolls of pastry sheet are touching. Trim ends, sprinkle with sugar and press down. Place in freezer for 10 minutes. Repeat with second sheet of puff pastry.
- Cut pastry into 1/2 inch slices with a sharp knife. Dip each piece in sugar and lay flat, sugar side up, on parchment paper (about 16-18 per roll). Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.