photo by DailyInspiration
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
40 hors d'oeuvres
- Lightly flour a board and carefully unfold one sheet of puff pastry.
- Roll the pastry lightly with a rolling pin until it is 9 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches.
- Spread the sheet of puff pastry with half the pesto, then sprinkle with half the goat cheese, half the sun-dried tomatoes, and half the pine nuts. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Working from the short ends, fold each end halfway to the center. Then fold each side again toward the center until the folded edges almost touch. Fold one side over the other and press lightly.
- Place on sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry, using the remaining ingredients.
- Cover both rolls with plastic wrap and chill for at least 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the prepared rolls of puff pastry into 1/4 inch thick slices and place them faceup 2 inches apart on sheet pans lined with parchement paper.
- Bake for 14 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved these palmiers - they are delicious and have a great presentation. Wish I could have bottled the aroma coming from my oven! They are so easy to make and the results are a wonderful appetizer to wow guests or just the family. Used feta vs. goat cheese as I did not have it and they were just fine. Also, left some of my pine nuts whole -- they really stand out that way. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, July, 2012.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I have a wonderful husband and two fantastic kids. I love to read, have fun with family and friends, stay active with: running; soccer; golf; biking; hiking; and gardening. I love to travel. I'm looking forward to more international travel someday. Cooking has become a passion for me. I love to read cookbooks, watch the Food Network, and try new recipes. I have way too many cookbooks! A few of my favorites are: Barefoot Contessa (any - but especially 'Family Style'),Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals 2, Roasting by Barbara Kafka, Beyond Parsley & The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook. I try to carefully choose recipes that I think my family will enjoy, which is why most of my ratings are 3-5 stars. Happy cooking!