Crescent Roll Dough Palmiers
photo by HeatherFeather
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Combine 2 Tbsp of the sugar and the lemon zest in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining sugar onto a work surface, enough to dust the area well.
- Open the dough tube and separate the dough into two rectangular pieces (pressing together any of the triangular perforations so that you have two flat separate rectangles).
- Roll out each rectangle separately onto the sugared surface to even out the dough.
- Using a pastry brush, paint the beaten egg across both pieces of dough.
- If needed, you may use an additional egg white.
- Sprinkle the sugar/lemon zest mixture you made earlier evenly over each rectangle.
- Starting with one rectangle of dough, roll up the left and right longest sides of the rectangle (jelly-roll stye) into the center, meeting at the center.
- With a sharp knife, cut small slices (about 1/4" thick) from the short edge; the cut pieces of dough, when placed flat, should look like almost like a bowtie- with two coils at either side.
- Place cut side down, so they lie flat, onto greased cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle lightly with some remaining sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheets.
- Set on racks to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!