Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An easy, slightly spicy soup that wowed the whole staff at Turlock Junior High. I loved this soup while living in Mexico, but got lazy so…..I made this soup up based on what was very convenient at Safeway. I used the ready to go peeled and chopped potatoes, but the Zaar wouldn't let me just put in "packages of potatoes" If you can't find ready made pico de gallo: 1 chopped onion, 2 tomatoes chopped, 1 large jalapeno chopped, 1 bunch cilantro chopped.
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 6 (1 lb) packagesof aidell's chipotle meatballs
- 2 (32 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (32 ounce) cans yellow hominy
- 6 peeled and chopped waxy potatoes
- 2 (32 ounce) cans chicken broth (or more as needed)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Saute onions for a bit with some olive oil, add the pico de gallo, and water to barely cover. Cook on low letting it reduce for about 20 minutes.
- Throw everything else together and cook until the potatoes are tender.