Paisley Monsoon's Note:
This soup has some strange ingredients, but I swear that it's some of the best soup I've ever had.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot.
- 2Add 2-3 chicken breasts, diced; 1 onion,chopped; and 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- 3Stir and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 4Peel 2 medium sweet potatoes then either grate, food process, chop, or bake/microwave and mash them.
- 5Add the sweet potatoes to the pot along with 1 green bell pepper, chopped; 1 red bell pepper, chopped; 2 cans of chicken broth (or 3 1/2 cups chicken broth made with chicken bullion); 1 1/2 cups V-8 or tomato juice; 1 teaspoons ginger; and 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- 6Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter and stir constantly until well blended.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for African Peanut Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.9
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 731.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 24.9 g