- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups V8 vegetable juice or 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot.
- Add 2-3 chicken breasts, diced; 1 onion,chopped; and 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Stir and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Peel 2 medium sweet potatoes then either grate, food process, chop, or bake/microwave and mash them.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the pot along with 1 green bell pepper, chopped; 1 red bell pepper, chopped; 2 cans of chicken broth (or 3 1/2 cups chicken broth made with chicken bullion); 1 1/2 cups V-8 or tomato juice; 1 teaspoons ginger; and 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter and stir constantly until well blended.