This soup has some strange ingredients, but I swear that it's some of the best soup I've ever had.
Make and share this African Peanut Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot.
- Add 2-3 chicken breasts, diced; 1 onion,chopped; and 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Stir and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Peel 2 medium sweet potatoes then either grate, food process, chop, or bake/microwave and mash them.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the pot along with 1 green bell pepper, chopped; 1 red bell pepper, chopped; 2 cans of chicken broth (or 3 1/2 cups chicken broth made with chicken bullion); 1 1/2 cups V-8 or tomato juice; 1 teaspoons ginger; and 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter and stir constantly until well blended.
Excellent! Personally, I like a little more onion, but otherwise, made as directed. I served with brown rice.
Excellent recipe that i have made several times now, but have not posted a review till now. I have made as is, and sometimes I play around a bit. Last night I added a pablono pepper, and ground coriander, and added a little parsly before serving. Here in the state we don't think of chicken and peanut butter going together very often, but IT IS SUCH A GOOD COMBO. thanks Paisley!
The taste is delicious, AND it is a breeze to put together, my favorite combination!