Hariyali Chicken literally means Green Chicken. Breast tenders are rubbed with an intoxicating paste made with cilantro, mint, and other distinctive flavors and grilled to perfection.
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 green chili pepper
- 2 cups cilantro leaves
- 4 cups mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1 scallion (use the white and light green part only)
- 1 tablespoon vegetables or 1 tablespoon canola oil, and more for grilling
- 4 chicken breasts (chicken tenders)
- kosher salt
- fresh lemon juice
- In a food processor/blender, mix cilantro leaves, mint leaves, scallion, bell pepper, cumin powder, green chili and garlic cloves.
- Add oil to the above mixture and blend to form a smooth paste.
- Remove the prepared green mixture in to a zip lock bag along with the chicken tenders.
- Seal the bag and massage the marinade in to the chicken tenders. Place this bag in the refrigerator overnight or for at least ten hours.
- Use skewers to place the marinated chicken tenders. Sprinkle salt on each side of them.
- Heat the grill and rub it with some oil. Place the skewers on it to get grill marks on each side and cook until the chicken is done.
- Drizzle some fresh lemon juice and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce and loved ones!
- Tips: If salt is added in the marinade, it will extract moisture from the vegetables and leaves. This will result in a watery marinade, which is not desired.
Absolutely loved this grilled chicken tikka! We are cilantro lovers and this chicken was not only delicious, but made a beautiful presentation. This would be a great company dish to "wow" your guests or could be served on skewers as an appetizer. Will definitely make this dish again! Made for My Three Chefs, June, 2012.