Prep 24 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Hariyali Chicken literally means Green Chicken. Breast tenders are rubbed with an intoxicating paste made with cilantro, mint, and other distinctive flavors and grilled to perfection.
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 green chili pepper
- 2 cups cilantro leaves
- 4 cups mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1 scallion (use the white and light green part only)
- 1 tablespoon vegetables or 1 tablespoon canola oil, and more for grilling
- 4 chicken breasts (chicken tenders)
- kosher salt
- fresh lemon juice
- In a food processor/blender, mix cilantro leaves, mint leaves, scallion, bell pepper, cumin powder, green chili and garlic cloves.
- Add oil to the above mixture and blend to form a smooth paste.
- Remove the prepared green mixture in to a zip lock bag along with the chicken tenders.
- Seal the bag and massage the marinade in to the chicken tenders. Place this bag in the refrigerator overnight or for at least ten hours.
- Use skewers to place the marinated chicken tenders. Sprinkle salt on each side of them.
- Heat the grill and rub it with some oil. Place the skewers on it to get grill marks on each side and cook until the chicken is done.
- Drizzle some fresh lemon juice and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce and loved ones!
- Tips: If salt is added in the marinade, it will extract moisture from the vegetables and leaves. This will result in a watery marinade, which is not desired.
Absolutely loved this grilled chicken tikka! We are cilantro lovers and this chicken was not only delicious, but made a beautiful presentation. This would be a great company dish to "wow" your guests or could be served on skewers as an appetizer. Will definitely make this dish again! Made for My Three Chefs, June, 2012.