1/1 Photo of Aarsi’s Ultimate Hariyali Chicken Tikka
24 hrs 20 mins
Aarsi's Kitchen's Note:
Hariyali Chicken literally means Green Chicken. Breast tenders are rubbed with an intoxicating paste made with cilantro, mint, and other distinctive flavors and grilled to perfection.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 green chili pepper
- 2 cups cilantro leaves
- 4 cups mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 scallion (use the white and light green part only)
- 1 tablespoon vegetables or 1 tablespoon canola oil, and more for grilling
- 4 chicken breasts (chicken tenders)
- kosher salt
- fresh lemon juice
- 1In a food processor/blender, mix cilantro leaves, mint leaves, scallion, bell pepper, cumin powder, green chili and garlic cloves.
- 2Add oil to the above mixture and blend to form a smooth paste.
- 3Remove the prepared green mixture in to a zip lock bag along with the chicken tenders.
- 4Seal the bag and massage the marinade in to the chicken tenders. Place this bag in the refrigerator overnight or for at least ten hours.
- 5Use skewers to place the marinated chicken tenders. Sprinkle salt on each side of them.
- 6Heat the grill and rub it with some oil. Place the skewers on it to get grill marks on each side and cook until the chicken is done.
- 7Drizzle some fresh lemon juice and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce and loved ones!
- 8Tips: If salt is added in the marinade, it will extract moisture from the vegetables and leaves. This will result in a watery marinade, which is not desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aarsi’s Ultimate Hariyali Chicken Tikka
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.8 mg
- Sodium 71.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: