Recipe by Digboo
Decadent! Everyone raves about this dish. So cheesey and full of flavor. Good southern comfort food. Wonderful with pork chops or fried chicken. Originally I got the base of this recipe from Nell Carter on some TV show. I had to spice it up a bit.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Sinfully delicious and cheesey! Even though it contains eggs, it's much creamier than other "custard-style" mac & cheese recipes. Lots of flavor, too. I used fresh minced onions rather than powder, otherwise made this as written. This recipe is a keeper! Thanx so much for posting this!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup muenster cheese, shredded
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook 2 cups macaroni noodles in salted boiling water for only about 6 minutes > do not over cook as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- While noodles are cooking: mix eggs, milk, cream cheese, melted butter and spices together in large mixing bowl.
- Drain noodles.
- Add noodles and all the shredded cheese to egg mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes.