Recipe by Catnip46
I cut this out of our local newspaper some years back. It takes a little while to put together but well worth it.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 6 cups rhubarb, cut up (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup Cool Whip (or whatever is left remaining from container used in second layer. Use a 12 or 13 oz container)
- chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- First layer combine all ingredients in first layer and pat into 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- For second layer beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Blend in 1 cup Cool Whip. Spread over cooled crust. Let this cool.
- Third layer bring all ingredients in third layer to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Cool. Spread over second layer.
- In fourth layer spread remaining Cool Whip over chilled rhubarb mixture. Sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.