1/1 Photo of 20 Minute Mexican Rice
Spice up a meal with Mexican rice, done in a jiffy!! from the local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice in hot oil in 2 to 3 litre saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- 2Stir in onion and garlic; cook, stirring about 1 minute.
- 3Add broth and cumin.
- 4Heat to boiling; stir once or twice.
- 5Lower heat to simmer; Cover with tight fitting lid.
- 6Cook 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 7Combine tomato paste and 1 tablespoon water.
- 8Stir tomato mixture, peas and carrots into rice; fluff with a fork.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 20 Minute Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 314.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g