Super Easy Mexican Rice
Really quick, easy dish to go with your Mexican dinner night!!!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 3⁄4 water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and saute onions and garlic.
- Add the chicken bouillon to the pan and crush the cubes.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and the rice and fry the rice until the rice turns slightly brown.
- Add the salt, water and tomato paste and mix well.
- Cover the pan and simmer 25 minutes.
- Mix rice thoroughly and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was a super easy recipe for Mexican rice! Thank you for posting Mebriella. When you see it at a restaurant this rice would seem complicated to make but it actually was a breeze. The flavor is good and light and perfect to set off the main dish you serve it with. The color of the dish is spot on. Kids and adults alike will gobble it up happily. I served it with enchiladas, refried beans, Mexican salad, and Mexican Corn Salad and it was perfect