Zucchini Orange Bread
A variation on zucchini bread.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour bottoms only of two 8x4 or 9x5 loaf pans.
- In large bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-coloured; gradually beat in sugar.
- Add oil, orange juice and zucchini.
- Stir in remaining bread ingredients; mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for 45-55 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool slightly on a rack.
- In small bowl, blend glaze ingredients; spread over warm loaves.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this recipe on Monday and it looks NOTHING like the photo. Once I added the cinnamon and cloves to the batter it turned brown and the baked bread was brown, not the bright pretty yellow shown in the photo. Obviously the bread in the photo does not have those two spices in it. Altho the bread was moist and good it was nothing spectacular and would probably not make it again at written. However, I might try it without adding the cloves and cinnamon.Replies 1
Picture is not what this recipe turns out to look like. This cake is dark not light like this picture. Best to use fresh orange juice and zest in the icing. Added icing to each slice to add to orange flavour as the cakes orange flavour is very subtle. I most likely won’t make this recipe again.1Replies 3
After reading all the reviews, I decide to bake this bread. For the life of me I can’t figure out how it got such high reviews. This bread is nothing special. I followed the directions to the letter. My oven is new so the temperature is accurate. I baked at the minimum time and it’s not moist like the reviews. Heck! The bread in the picture looks like it doesn’t have the cinnamon and cloves added because the actual loaf is your typical brown color like banana bread. Total waste of my time. It’s going in the garbage.1Replies 1
see 25 more