White Bread - Bread Machine
photo by Ronbo
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 5mins
5 Lb Loaf
- Proof the yeast: Put 1/4 cup of warm water into cup with 1 tablespoon Surgar and 2 teaspoons of yeast.
- put dry ingredients into bread maker.
- flour, salt, dry milk, Surgar, butter.
- add water & finally the proofed yeast.
- set bread maker on ‘basic’ recipe, 1 1/2 loaf, medium cook.
- push ‘start’.
- About 3 1/2 hours later you should have a beautiful loaf of white bread.
- You need a high quality serrated bread knife to slice the finished loaf. Otherwise you get the squashed bread effect.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!