Vegan Enchilada Pie
photo by januarybride
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces vegetarian ground beef (I use Morningstar crumbles)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce (if you are vegan, either make your own, or purchase a vegan brand)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup pinto beans, drained (may sub black beans)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 flour tortillas for burritos (from 11 oz package)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded soy cheese (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Add griller crumbles.
- Reserve 1/4 cup enchilada sauce; set aside.
- Add remaining enchilada sauce, corn and chiles to onion/"beef" mixture. Stir in cumin and chili powder. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Spray 9-inch round (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in casserole; top with about 3/4 cup of the beef mixture and 1/3 cup of beans.
- Repeat layers 3 times. Top with remaining tortilla, the reserved enchilada sauce and soy cheese (again, cheese is optional).
- Bake, uncovered, 30.
- Cool 5 minutes and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!